Marathon Life

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Running tally ending Jan 24

 I've only been running 3 times a week and doing elliptical on the other days with one complete day off from exercise. I need to step it up if I have a hope of doing any kind of marathon this year. I have done longer runs on the weekend of over an hour. That is not good enough. My hamstring doesn't really bother me much anymore. It's now my knees and just general aches and pains. I don't know how those guys in their 50s do it. I have been long distance running for about 10 years now. Much of it not hardcore and yet I feel my body is rejecting the running. I have thought about going back to playing tennis. I miss the sport a lot, but yet I feel so much more stressed out when I play tennis. Plus there's the cost of the equipment, tournament fees, lessons, court times, memberships, travel, etc, etc. Do I want to do that now?

Anyway, here is my log for the past 2 weeks. I combined them into one chart. I need to find an easier way to do this as it is time consuming. I haven't been on Facebook for almost the entire month. That gave me some extra time but I never took advantage of that to blog more often. I need to do a better job.

Date
Time
Mileage
Min/ Mile
Notes
HR Max
HR Ave
Jan 14, 2010
35:00

4.85

7:13
Don't remember the run I am posting this so long after the fact.
171
(92%)

146
(78%)

Jan 15, 2010
48:03

6.56

7:19
Crappy slow run outside.
 157 (84%)

146 (78%)

Jan 17, 2010
1:06:26
9.5
6:59
I did Back Bay run again on a nice sunny Saturday. I purposely ran faster since I wanted to push myself and see if I could hold a decent pace. Well, this was about 20 seconds faster than my typical pace so I was happy. But I felt very tired and it demonstrated my lack of marathon fitness. My knees ached per usual.
174
(94%)
158 (85%)
Jan 21, 2010
40:01
5.7
7:01
I ran to the gym but it was so cold and windy tonight. It had rained earlier. I then did time on the treadmill (4.1 miles) and then ran back home.

167
(90%)
147
(79%)
Jan 23, 2010
45.21
6.32
7:10
I ran to the gym but it was raining. I then did time on the treadmill and then ran back home.

170
(91%)
152
(82%)
Jan 24, 201-
1:06:33
9.48
6:58
I ran the Back Bay again. I didn't know I was going to do it this fast again. I think I just wanted to get it over with. I pushed myself. So I was happy with the pace, but man, I had to work hard to keep it.

175
(94%)
158
(85%)
Week ending Jan 24, 2010
---

42.41

---
This is a two week total and really should be a one week total! So I barely ran 20+ mile weeks. My body is sore. My knees ache. We'll see how things go. I at least am getting in some longer runs on the weekends. I need to increase my weekday mileage though. I just hate running at night and on the horrible treadmills at the gym.

169
(90%)
151
(81%)
Bookmark and Share
posted by Anthony at 10:50 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with delivery of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=lyrics ascot gavotte ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader