Marathon Life

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The OC, I live there now


Well, I have officially moved to the OC, on Balboa Island in Newport Beach. I started my new job today in Irvine. I probably should have waited until 5/20 to start since I flew back from Houston last night at 9pm. Then I packed some things and drove to Newport at 10:20pm! I got there around 11:45 and was up until 1AM! Then I got up at 6:40AM to be at work by 8AM!. CRAZY.

It was a great 5 years in San Diego. In this economy I had to expand my search to LA and Orange County. It's ok. I will definitely thrive. I want to. For so much of my career I have not thrown myself into something. I want to do this at this new job. I don't know many people here so I can focus my energy on that and running. The company has it's shit together. It's amazing how much more efficient they are compared to my last company. It just seems like they are on the cutting edge and are much more forward thinking. They even have a Facebook page!

My hamstring is feeling better these days. I was in Italy May 8-16 so I only ran once through the streets of Venice. I ran once in Houston before heading back to CA. I ran around Balboa Island twice and took amazing photos of the sunset. I cannot believe I will be able to enjoy that sunset EVERY DAY. I caught the ferry boat going through it. So amazing. I live in paradise.

I'll be going back to San Diego this weekend to pack more things and hang out with friends. It's a bit sad to leave, but I am still within a 90-min drive.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Anthony at 5:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader