Marathon Life

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Closed Condo and New Job

Well, it's finally here. Today (well yesterday since I am writing this at 1:07am PST), I closed on the condo! I am an official homeowner now. I just barely made the June 30 deadline for the $8,000 first-time homeowners tax credit. This process began way back on Feb 8 when I originally signed the offer. This short sale took so long and I knew that going in. It took forever waiting for the seller's banks to approve my offer. Once they did on May 15, I had to go through several more delays. We had to negotiate the price and I ended up paying $15,000 more than what I had originally offered. Still, it's an amazing deal for a 2BD/2BA place in University Heights, one of my favorite neighborhoods in all of San Diego. I'm just glad to be back.

The past year in living and working Orange County took a lot out of me. I took an uninspired job that really didn't suit me well. At the time I felt like it was the only offer I was going to get in a poor economy. A year later the economy is a lot better, but still not that great. I am used to wearing a lot of hats and the position I had simply didn't stimulate me. I never felt excited. I need a more entrepreneurial atmosphere.

It;s kind of ironic that on the same day I closed on my condo that I would get a job offer as well. I got the call from a recruiter I had been working with for a position at a company who makes self-service kiosks seen in quick service and fast casual restaurants. I was offered a temporary position to coordinate and execute marketing activities for this company. The position would most likely go permanent after 3 months. It will depend on my performance and the VP of sales getting the approval. I am confident that it will happen. I will work my ass off to ensure it will happen. It is a risk taking on this job, but I need it in my life right now. I need something to drive me and push me. Finally, I will be able to wear a lot of hats and really get creative. I'm excited since the job will challenge me. What I had been lacking lately is a challenge. Things are slowly settling down. I have my home again. I am in the right place to do this.

I am so relieved that my job search is over, at least for now. Yes, there is a chance that it may not work out. But I believe in destiny. I believe I was meant to take this position and run with it. I know I will perform well. I have the confidence now. It's interesting how a living location can affect me so much.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Anthony at 1:24 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe in a reader